History and Foundation
Holy Trinity CE Primary School has an interesting history. While the name of the school has changed many times, the committment to the school foundation, to serve the local children, has not changed.
Holy Trinity Timeline
1792 - School founded by Priscilla Wakefield known as 'Industrial School for Girls'. Sited in Stoneleigh Road
1840 - Records show 40 girls aged 8-14 on roll. They attended Holy Trinity Chapel, and wore a green and white uniform.
1848 - Holy Trinity Sunday and Infants School founded next to the church.
1862 - School moved to new site behind the Grammar School in Somerset Road. There were 72 pupils.
1898 - Enlargements to school allowed numbers to rise to 173.
1907 - School became formally attached to Holy Trinity Church and was now called the 'Green Coat School'.
1932 - Holy Trinity Infants moved to new building behind the church.
1939 - New classrooms added upstairs (years 4, 5 & 6)
1955 - By now the two schools had amalgamated and it was mixed girls and boys throughout with a new uniform and logo.
1984 - The Infants Schools was transferred to the council and new land given behind the Green School to allow the whole school to be on one site - main corridor, hall and nursery built.
2002 - Reception class extended into old school house and reading room and computer suite built upstairs.
2013 - School becomes an academy and is renamed 'Holy Trinity'. New logo and uniform adopted.